Monreal in contract talks with Arsenal

first_imgThe 32-year-old has made 165 Premier League appearances for Arsenal since joining from Malaga in 2013.“At the moment we are talking with the club. I’ve always said I am really happy, I feel very happy playing for Arsenal,” he told the London Evening Standard.“I came six years ago. I have a good relationship with them.“We are in contact in any moment so don’t worry about that. I am happy here. That is the most important thing.”Monreal has been a useful member of an Arsenal defence that new boss Unai Emery hopes to strengthen after their error-strewn displays in the final years of Arsene Wenger’s reign.In the latter stages of his career, Monreal is keen to be a big part of Emery’s rebuilding process.“My idea is to play in football until my body says, ‘Nacho, so sorry but that’s the end’. But I think it is far away,” Monreal said.“I hope so. You never know because your body, sometimes you start with some problems, some injuries and you can’t continue giving 100 per cent.“But at the moment I feel good so I am not thinking of my retirement.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Arsenal defender Nacho Monreal is in talks over a new contract © AFP / Ian KINGTONLONDON, United Kingdom, Sep 12 – Nacho Monreal has opened talks with Arsenal over a new contract with the Premier League club.Monreal has one year left on his present deal and the Gunners are willing to extend the Spain defender’s stay at the Emirates Stadium.last_img read more

Chetwynd Police recover stolen vehicle

first_imgCHETWYND, B.C. – RCMP responded to a Motor Vehicle Crash East of Chetwynd on Hwy 97 S. On Friday, October 4th, 2019 at 5:05 AM.According to the RCMP, when the police arrived, the driver of the vehicle had left the scene. After a thorough investigation police discover that the vehicle involved had been reported stolen out of Mackenzie BC.With help from members of the community, Chetwynd RCMP was able to track down the driver of the vehicle. The driver, who is well known to police, is a prolific offender from Prince George, the Peace Laird Area and into Alberta.- Advertisement -The suspect remains in police custody, pending a future court date and could face charges of Possession of Stolen Property, Possession of Break and Enter Tools, and leaving the scene of an accident.The investigation is ongoing and police ask anyone with information on this matter to call the Chetwynd RCMP at 250 778 9221 or Crime Stoppers at 1 800 222-8477last_img read more

RAMELTON WOMAN LAUNCHES APPEAL TO HELP ORPHANAGE

first_imgA Ramelton woman is launching a unique appeal to help people less well-off than herself.Myrtle Doherty is launching her annual appeal for nappies, clothes, toiletries and medication for the Vesnova orphanage in Belarus.This collection is done on behalf of the Chernobyl Kilkenny Outreach Group who do fantastic work in the Belarus. There are more than 170 children in this orphanage and conditions are not ideal by any means but have improved considerably with the help of lots of volunteers and groups.Some of the goods gathered by Myrtle during last year’s collection.Last year the group sent 20,000 nappies and a large consignment of clothes, shoes, toiletries, toys, play equipment and vital medications from Donegal.If anyone would like to donate to this appeal, please call Myrtle on 0876825387 or 0749151671.  RAMELTON WOMAN LAUNCHES APPEAL TO HELP ORPHANAGE was last modified: March 11th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:aidcollectiondonegalMyrtle DohertyRameltonlast_img read more

SINN FEIN CONSIDER A THIRD CANDIDATE WITH HARVEY THE FIRM FAVOURITE

first_imgSinn Féin in Donegal will decide next week if it will run three candidates in the new five-seat Donegal constituency at the next election.Cora Harvey could bring Sinn Fein a third seat in Donegal.Former Mayor of Donegal Cora Harvey is being tipped to stand as the third candidate alongside sitting TDs Pearse Doherty and Padraig MacLochalinn.Political insiders say the Ballybofey woman has a real chance of taking a third seat for the party if she stands. Pearse Doherty, the party’s finance spokesman, said party workers had been researching the possibility of running a third candidate.Mr Mac Lochlainn is based in Inishowen and Mr Doherty is based in Gaoth Dobhair in the west of the county.However, the party struggles for support in Letterkenny and it believes that a candidate from Finn Valley has the potential to win votes across east and mid-Donegal.“Our research on the ground tells us that we have scope to take a third seat,” said Mr Doherty.“I would be the first to admit that it is a strategy not without risk, particularly for myself and Pádraig Mac Lochlainn, but we would be fairly confident that with proper vote management success can be achieved.“We have formed a committee to look at suitable candidates and will meet in a week or two to discuss it.”Ms Harvey announced that she was quitting politics in October 2013 and didn’t run for the county council last year. She cited family and work commitments as her reasons for standing down, but continues to work for the party.However, party sources say that only a politician with her popularity is likely to succeed in the three-candidate strategy.“Cora would be the ideal candidate because she worked so hard as a councillor in the Finn Valley and she is extremely popular with voters,” said one colleague.SINN FEIN CONSIDER A THIRD CANDIDATE WITH HARVEY THE FIRM FAVOURITE was last modified: September 1st, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Costa Rica v Serbia: Preview, team news, kick-off time and live commentary

first_imgWhen is Costa Rica v Serbia?This match will take place on Sunday, June 17.It will kick-off at 1pm.The Samara Arena will host the showdown.How can I listen live?CLICK HERE to listen to our live commentary of the action as it happens. How Liverpool could line up at Leicester with midfielder set for lengthy absence smart causal who plays? 2 gameday cracker silverware Boxing Day fixtures: All nine Premier League games live on talkSPORT How Arsenal could line up in Arteta’s first official game in charge – Ozil return? BEST OF Lazio star Sergej Milinkovic Savic will be monitored by a number of clubs at the World Cup latest How Man United could line up for Newcastle clash – will Pogba start? England’s most successful clubs of the past decade, according to trophies won predicted center_img Keylor Navas is expected to start between the sticks for Costa Rica Costa Rica will start their World Cup campaign with a match against Serbia.The two sides, who will also face Brazil and Switzerland in the group stages, will go head-to-head at Samara Arena. RANKED Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade NEW ERA revealed The average first-team salaries at every Premier League club in 2019 Liverpool news live: Klopp reveals when Minamino will play and issues injury update Every current Premier League club’s best kit from the past decade Most Read in Football Who are the key players?Few players will draw more attention from scouts this summer than Serbian superstar Sergej Milinkovic-Savic. The dynamic midfielder has been linked with Real Madrid Manchester United.It is easy to forget Milinkovic-Savic, born in Spain, has only two caps for Serbia, as comparisons of his playing style with past greats, ranging from Zinedine Zidane to Yaya Toure, flood in. His 12 Serie A goals in 2017/18 led all midfielders, but were not quite enough to secure Champions League football for Biancocelesti.Keylor Navas made his name at the last World Cup, and he has gone from strength to strength since then, joining Real Madrid and helping them win numerous trophies, including three European Cups in a row.What is the team news?Costa Rica: Navas, Acosta, Gonzalez, Duarte, Calvo, Gamboa, Borges, Ruiz, Guzman, Venegas, UrenaSerbia: Stojkovic, Tosic, Ivanovic, Kolarov, Milenkovic, Milivojevic, Tadic, Milinkovic-Savic, Matic, Ljajic, MitrovictalkSPORT will be with listeners all day and all night at this year’s 2018 FIFA World Cup™ with over 800 hours of World Cup content and all 64 games live across the talkSPORT network. 2 Every time Ally McCoist lost it on air in 2019, including funny XI reactionslast_img read more

PROUD DAD RORY KAVANAGH SHOWS OFF HIS NEW-BORN DAUGHTER ZOE

first_imgRory Kavanagh with baby Zoe: Pic Joanne GillenDONEGAL footballer Rory Kavanagh is the proudest dad in the county – after his wife Kathryn gave birth to beautiful baby Zoe.The St Eunan’s club man is seen here beaming with pride with the new arrival.And what a beautiful little girl she is….in the arms of proud Auntie Alma.,PROUD DAD RORY KAVANAGH SHOWS OFF HIS NEW-BORN DAUGHTER ZOE was last modified: January 26th, 2014 by John2,Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window),baby daughterDonegal GAARory KavanaghSt EunansZoelast_img read more

Johannesburg’s eco-mobility festival has mixed results

first_imgSome people were pleased with the enforced use of public transport over the month-long EcoMobility World Festival in Sandton. For others it meant traffic jams and loss of income. But the general sentiment was that it was a good idea and got people thinking. The Sandton CBD has been closed to cars for the duration of the month-long EcoMobility World Festival, which ran through October. (Image: South African Tourism) • Sandton goes car-free for a month • Frank and honest: the Women On Sex web series • The SABR provides breast milk to babies in need • Active citizenship in South Africa at a healthy level • South Africa’s women in politics Ray MaotaThe Sandton CBD has been closed to cars for the duration of the month-long EcoMobility World Festival, which ran through October.People were encouraged to use public transport, cycle and walk. This had both positive and negative effects on people; others were indifferent to it.The eco-mobility festival had clear links with Johannesburg’s long-term growth and development strategy, Joburg 2040. The blueprint envisions the metro as a smart city, which is an environmentally friendly city created out of a combination of concepts and technologies. These include the enhancement of energy efficiency, and water and waste management, coupled with the conservation of resources.“The festival will demonstrate to the world that an eco-mobile future is possible and that public transport, walking and cycling can be accessible, safe and attractive,” Johannesburg Executive Mayor Mpho Parks Tau said at its launch.“We want to close off certain streets in Sandton, our second largest CBD, to car traffic and instead use these lanes for public transport, walking, cycling and other forms of eco-mobility during the entire Transport Month.”The people have spokenIn the heart of the Sandton CBD, Mack Ndlhovu, a driver for Mzansi Cabs, had harsh words for EcoMobility month.“This has been a bad month for me,” he said. “The frequency of my clients has decreased because of this. I think they are staying away from Sandton. I grew up cycling everywhere and I think you can’t force people to do such; it has to be their choice.”Traffic had been worse than usual during the month, Ndlhovu said. Also, that the city spent so much money on this while students had no money for fees saddened him.Jerri Mokgofe, a well-known blogger and photographer, was less critical. “I haven’t been negatively or positively affected by it,” Mokgofe said. “I still think it would have had a better impact if people were schooled on its effects before it was introduced.“Another thing is, I think we are too quick to adopt international, American, European things when we are not ready in terms of infrastructure.”Humphrey Letsapa, who works at Sandton City, the shopping mall in the heart of the district, said: “For me it has improved the time I spent in a taxi because of the separate lanes for public transport so it has been a good month.“It has also helped us a lot in terms of alternatives to motorised transport. It is also good for the environment and I’m all for it in the future.”Another metred taxi driver, Vukani Gasa, said the month had been very problematic. “Metre taxis are also public transport but they have been taking our cars out of the dedicated public transport lanes.” Gasa drives for Gautrain Metre Taxis.“This has had a negative impact on the business with the street closures because I end up taking an hour going to a place it usually takes 10 to 15 minutes. I still charge a base price but it takes longer for me and it’s not viable.”Louis Tshakaone, a young entrepreneur, said: “It hasn’t done much of a difference in terms of traffic when using the car but when I used buses or tuk-tuks it was a breeze to move around Sandton.“I think people need to be educated on the positives of using non-motorised vehicles or public transport and this will work. For now I still believe this was thrown at us and more work (was) needed on educating the society on its benefits.”It seems the people of Sandton are open to new ways of getting around, but their common gripe has been infrastructure that will get them to comfortably leave their cars.last_img read more

Navarro heats up late, lifts San Sebastian past EAC

first_imgEthel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ Ryan Costelo also had a hand in the victory, unfurling all but one of his 11 markers in the fourth quarter, on top of two dimes and two steals.Michael Calisaan still was able to top San Sebastian in scoring with 19 points and two rebounds despite being ejected at the 1:14 mark of the third quarter for incurring two unsportsmanlike fouls against Sidney Onwubere.RK Ilagan also went 3-of-5 from beyond the arc to wound up with 12 markers, five boards, and three assists.“The good thing about this is we’re hoping we could sustain this. We’re ok being 4-4 this year compared last year that we only got one win in the first round,” said Macaraya.Onwubere topped the skidding EAC (3-5) with 22 points, 14 rebounds, five assists, and five blocks, while Munsayac had 16 markers in the Generals’ third straight defeat.ADVERTISEMENT Photo by Tristan Tamayo/ INQUIRER.netRenzo Navarro drilled the big plays late as San Sebastian slipped past Emilio Aguinaldo College, 75-73 in the NCAA Season 93 men’s basketball tournament Friday at Filoil Flying V Centre in San Juan.The diminutive playmaker scored all of his five points in the final minute, drilling the huge corner three and following it up with a reverse to give the Golden Stags a 74-70 lead with 13.8 seconds to play.ADVERTISEMENT View comments Pagasa: Storm intensifies as it nears PAR Trump signs bills in support of Hong Kong protesters Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games For the complete collegiate sports coverage including scores, schedules and stories, visit Inquirer Varsity. Mayweather warns of hefty fine if McGregor kicks him in their fight Hotel says PH coach apologized for ‘kikiam for breakfast’ claimcenter_img The Scores:SAN SEBASTIAN 75 – Calisaan 19, Ilagan 12, Costelo 11, Calma 10, Gayosa 5, Navarro 5, Are 4, David 2, Baetiong 2, Mercado 2, Valdez 2, Bulanadi 1, Quipse 0, Capobres 0.EAC 73 – Onwubere 22, Munsayac 16, Guzman 10, Garcia 7, I. Mendoza 6, Diego 4, Bugarin 4, Bautista 3, Pascua 1, J. Mendoza 0, Corilla 0, Neri 0.Quarters: 17-16, 40-37, 50-53, 75-73. NATO’s aging eye in the sky to get a last overhaul MOST READ Celebrity chef Gary Rhodes dies at 59 with wife by his side Jerome Garcia tried to salvage the game with a corner three with 9.7 ticks left to cut the deficit down to one, but Allyn Bulanadi could only muster a split from the free throw line in the last 7.5 seconds.Unfortunately, Francis Munsayac panicked in the waning seconds and passed the ball to Jervin Guzman, whose jumper rimmed out at the buzzer to hand the win to San Sebastian.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSBoxers Pacquiao, Petecio torchbearers for SEA Games opening“I imagined all of our games to be close, but at times, we fall short in the end. This time, we’re glad that we’re the ones to come out on top,” said coach Egay Macaraya.Navarro also contributed four assists and three rebounds in the win for the Golden Stags, who bounce back and even their record at 4-4. Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Robredo should’ve resigned as drug czar after lack of trust issue – Panelo Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. LATEST STORIESlast_img read more