Previous articlePork Producers Concerned about Flow of Exports to MexicoNext articleRyan Martin’s Indiana Ag Forecast for April 17, 2019 Eric Pfeiffer Bi-Lateral Negotiations Labeled “Frank and Good” by Japan Economy Minister SHARE Home Indiana Agriculture News Bi-Lateral Negotiations Labeled “Frank and Good” by Japan Economy Minister By Eric Pfeiffer – Apr 16, 2019 Bi-Lateral Negotiations Labeled “Frank and Good” by Japan Economy MinisterU.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer is hosting Japan’s economic advisor in DC this week as the two countries begin bi-lateral trade negotiations. Mary Kay Thatcher with Syngenta Government Relations told Hoosier Ag Today why a deal with Japan is so critical.“Japan is such an important market and with Japan cutting a deal with the Europeans, we already know if we look at markets like wheat and dairy that they’re going to move away from the US to these places where there are no tariffs simply because it’s a better financial deal. So, I think the administration understands that.”President Trump withdrew from the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) on his first day in office. The new TPP that excluded the U.S. was enacted in December of last year. USDA Under Secretary for Trade Ted McKinney on the current relationship between the U.S. and Japan.“I’ve been there several times and I know the relationship between our countries, generally speaking, is very strong. It is very strong. It’s like a blood brother or a blood sister; that’s tough to separate them. If we can come to an agreement sooner than later, I think we can avoid loss of market that’s the result of TPP being enacted.”There were no official statements released after day one of talks on Monday, but Japan’s Economy Minister Toshimitsu Motegi told reporters that most of the three-hour meeting with Lighthizer was “frank and good”, and mostly centered on goods.All this with Japan amid trade negotiations with China that are reportedly progressing. There remains debate though about the passage of the United States-Mexico-Canada Trade Agreement.In testimony to Congress in February, Lighthizer warned, “There is no trade program in the United States if we don’t pass USMCA. There just isn’t one. What it says is that we don’t have a consensus and that we don’t want to stand up for our workers and our farmers and ranchers. I think there’s no less than that at stake.”He added that there would be no credibility with China, or any other trading partner, if USMCA does not pass. Facebook Twitter Facebook Twitter SHARE
Watch the streamed gig for Fergal Nash album launch Linkedin Advertisement Facebook Celebrating a ground breaking year in music from Limerick Twitter TAGSMusic LimerickNASTAR WhatsApp Previous articleTim is Limerick’s top young farmerNext articleLimerick FC in FAI Cup action John Keoghhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Emma Langford shortlisted for RTE Folk Award and playing a LIVE SHOW!!! this Saturday Cyril Bennis from Fairgreen with Brienna L. Henwood, director of space training and research at the NASTAR Centre in PhiladelphiaCyril Bennis from Fairgreen with Brienna L. Henwood, director of space training and research at the NASTAR Centre in PhiladelphiaA 65-YEAR-OLD Limerick man who originally hails from Fairgreen is to fulfill his lifelong dream next year when he is set to take a trip into suborbital space.Cyril Bennis, who now lives in Stratford-upon-Avon in the UK with his American wife Roxanne, came one step closer to his goal this week when he completed his space training in the USA.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Musician and former Stratford-upon-Avon Mayor Cyril attended the National Aerospace Training and Research Centre (NASTAR) in Philadelphia where he earned his Sub Orbital wings.He told Limerick Post: “I had to undergo training to deal with the pressures of being blasted into space. I did zero gravity training in Florida, then the opposite to that is the g-force training where you’re blasted off at seven to eight Gs. I’m still coming down to earth after it.”Cyril is set to make a two-hour trip to suborbital space accompanied by a pilot at some stage in 2014.He explained: “I’m just an ordinary person who wants to achieve his dream of going into space. Ordinary people are allowed to sign up to do this training as long as they are medically fit and have made sure that they are able to sustain the pressure of the g-force.“For this flight you are blasted off in a Lynx suborbital spacecraft at about five to six Gs with a pilot, then you can float around in the outer circles of space for about two hours and come back.” RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Email NewsCyril needs his spaceBy John Keogh – August 22, 2013 886 #SaucySoul: Room 58 – ‘Hate To See You Leave’ #HearThis: New music and video from Limerick rapper Strange Boy Print New Music: 40Hurtz
Authorities say there could be a break in the cold-case murder of JonBenet Ramsey after her photographer was recently arrested for child porn.The very age-inappropriate shot of JonBenet Ramsey from her very last photo session is taking on a whole new significance today.The photographer of the photo, Randy Simons, was recently arrested for possessing child pornography, prompting some to wonder whether he could be behind the little girl’s mysterious death.Former Denver District Attorney Craig Silverman said Simons was always a person of interest in JonBenet’s 1996 murder.No one has ever been charged.
Stephen Hahn, Food and Drug Administration Commissioner, and Robert Redfield, who serves as director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, will also self-quarantine after possibly be exposed to someone who has the virus.Redfield and Hahn will testify by video conference, the committee’s chairman, Sen. Lamar Alexander, said on Saturday.Additionally, the White House sent out an email to all staff on Friday titled, “Strong Precautions We Are Taking,” about the measures being taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19 there in the wake of Miller’s positive test, an official said.The note discusses maintaining maximum telework for staff, reporting travel and monitoring one’s own symptoms, according to a copy obtained by CNN.The memo also states that “high-touch points” in the White House and Eisenhower Executive Office Building, an office building near the White House where many staffers work, will receive “heightened levels of cleaning.”Last Thursday, White House staff reportedly received another memo, telling them that they would be asked about their symptoms and would have their temperatures checked before being allowed to enter the White House complex. Any person who acknowledges having symptoms may be pulled for further screening or may be denied entry.Neither memo addresses face masks. Dr. Anthony Fauci, the infectious disease expert who has been serving on the White House coronavirus task force, told multiple media outlets over the weekend that he will go into a “modified” self-quarantine.The decision to self-quarantine comes after two White House staffers, an unidentified valet to President Trump, and Vice President Mike Pence’s press secretary, Katie Miller, both tested positive for coronavirus late last week. Miller is the wife of White House adviser Stephen Miller.Meanwhile, Dr. Fauci says his reasoning for doing a modified self-quarantine is that he had a “low-risk” contact with the White House staff member who tested positive.In that regard, he will mostly work from home, and would wear a mask and take necessary precautions if he is requested to go to the White House or Capitol Hill, Fauci told CNN. He is expected to testify this week in person at a Senate hearing on the coronavirus.Fauci says tested negative for the virus on Friday.