Previous articleKillybegs Employment Project to protest at threatened CES cutsNext articlePolice detain two men in relation with Donegal mans murder in Glasgow News Highland Pringle will not return Leader’s Allowance until government spending is reformed WhatsApp Facebook By News Highland – January 19, 2012 Google+ Google+ Facebook Pinterest RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Twitter Dail to vote later on extending emergency Covid powers WhatsApp Need for issues with Mica redress scheme to be addressed raised in Seanad also News Dail hears questions over design, funding and operation of Mica redress scheme Man arrested in Derry on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences released Independent Deputy Thomas Pringle says he will not be returning his Leaders’ Allowance of just over €41,000.Deputy Pringle says he has always maintained payments to politicians are extremely high in Ireland and should be reformed. He says as chairperson of the Members Interests Committee in the Dail he is entitled to an increase in salary of €9500 that I have refused because I believe that TDs are well enough paid as it is.He says he will not give Leaders’ Allowance back to the government, so that they can give it to Anglo or more bank bail outs, while they close hospital beds and home help hours.He says the money would be safer kept in his own capable hands until he sees a competent re-structuring of government expenditure. 70% of Cllrs nationwide threatened, harassed and intimidated over past 3 years – Report Twitter Minister McConalogue says he is working to improve fishing quota Pinterest
She didn’t know if the two dead people were related to each other or to anyone else in the house. She said people were renting rooms there. [email protected] (562) 698-0955, Ext. 3026 165Let’s talk business.Catch up on the business news closest to you with our daily newsletter. Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! LA HABRA – Authorities say a man decapitated a woman with a circular saw then used it on himself Tuesday. La Habra Police are calling it an apparent murder-suicide. The motive behind the slaying is still unknown. The couple hadn’t been identified by Tuesday afternoon. Officers responding to a 911 call about a family disturbance in the 700 block of East Pinehurst Avenue found the bodies at 5:41 a.m. in one of the bedrooms. “The door was closed. The officers had to break down the door,” according to police spokeswoman Cindy Knapp. Knapp said the woman’s body was lying on one of the bed. She had been decapitated. The man’s body was on an adjacent bed and he had sustained severe trauma to the neck. “He used a circular saw on her and turned the weapon on himself,” Knapp said. The saw was discovered on the bed next to the man. She said there were three other adults and a boy in the house. One was the owner of the house.
With around 66% of the population under the age of 34, South Africa is one of the youngest countries in the world, which is why people are optimistic about prospects for future generations. (Image: Shamin Chibba)Johannesburg, Tuesday, 21 July 2015 – Brand South Africa today presented the outcomes of a range of research papers at a round table discussion hosted by PowerFM. This was part of an ongoing research programme aimed at contextualising South Africa’s attractiveness as an inward destination for investment, tourism and skills.Download press releaseKey findings emerging from the National Perceptions Audit – one of Brand South Africa’s flagship research projects – indicate that South Africans are optimistic about prospects of future generations, with respondents reporting that the country has made the most progress over the last 10 years in fields of education, religious tolerance, public transportation infrastructure, housing and improved access to medical facilities and treatment thereof.Brand South Africa’s General Manager for Research Dr Petrus de Kock said: “South Africans on the whole are extremely proud of the country and its achievements. Key concerns however, pertain to crime, corruption, and lack of employment opportunities. That being said – survey results also indicate that citizens want to focus on solutions and that South Africans are willing to take action, rather than wait for someone else.”The National Perceptions Audit also measured the levels of active citizenship and social cohesion among South Africans, and results reflect that there is a generally positive attitude towards fellow citizens and relatively high levels of social cohesion despite the income inequality and insufficient employment opportunities.Research reports that were presented for discussion at the roundtable included:Reports on South Africans being a united nation against the attacks on foreign nationals;Findings on levels of active citizenship and social cohesion;Results on evolving the Nation Brand identity through a collective heritage;Findings from the WEF Africa Research Seminar Report; andBrand optimism and Youth development findings from Brand South Africa’s Domestic Perceptions Research.The range of competitive and human development indicators that were studied and presented by Brand South Africa – together with international investor perceptions of the country provide building blocks that can effectively contribute to South Africa’s national competitiveness as outlined by the National Development Plan (NDP) which seeks to increase productivity, and thus improve living standards for South Africans.Dr. de Kock concluded: “The NDP can be seen as part of South Africa’s National Competitiveness Programme that identifies the key constraints to faster growth and presents a roadmap to a more inclusive economy that will address the country’s socio-economic imbalances. It is important for South Africa to manage its reputation, to ensure the country is positively positioned internationally – because this improves the country’s competitiveness, which in turn will attract investment, business and trade which is tied to job creation.”Follow the conversation on @Brand_SA #CompetitiveSA
Brand South Africa in partnership with its agency, The Odd Number are proud to be recipients of four Loerie Awards at the Loeries awards ceremony held in Durban over the weekend.The Loeries are Africa and the Middle East’s premier initiative that recognises, rewards, inspires and fosters creative excellence in the brand communication industry.Brand South Africa’s creative work won on multi-media platforms – Radio Station Commercials, Newspaper Advertising as well as TV and Cinema Advertising for various campaigns namely; the Play Your Part, Constitutional Awareness and Days of national significance.The Awards are as follows:Bronze Radio Station Commercial for Play Your Part for the “Babakhe” commercial, the message is anchored on promoting road safetyBronze SA Non-English Radio Station Commercial for Play Your Part for the “BVD” commercial, the message is anchored on promoting road safetyBronze TV & Cinema Commercials – above 90s for Constitutional Awareness for the “Dala what you must” web film.Bronze Newspaper Advertising South Africa for Days of national significance campaign (Freedom Day) for the “Amandla” campaign.Brand South Africa’s General Manager for Marketing, Ms Sithembile Ntombela said “We are really proud of the work produced by our agency and these awards reaffirm that the work we do, does not go unnoticed. I am confident that a number of opportunities will arise from this achievement, which will help showcase how South Africa inspires in new and innovate ways domestically and internationally”.Another special moment for the organisation was the winners of the Brand South Africa’s young creatives category award, which proved to be a tough judging process for the team. The young winners were announced by General Manager for Communication Ms Thoko Modise.“Our young creatives are David Franciscus from Protagonist Films and Kirstin Uken from Sunshinegun, these young people will go far, we are really proud of the high quality of work produced. The Nation Brand is guided by innovative work especially from the young people, well done to both”, said Ms ModiseWatch the award winning “Dala what you must” web film here
Paolo Taha vs Jackson Corpuz. PBA IMAGESANTIPOLO, Philippines – Columbian grabbed command late in the third quarter on Friday night and claimed another big fish in the PBA Philippine Cup eliminations after posting a 110-100 victory over NorthPort at Ynares Center here.The Dyip came roaring back from 10 points down in that quarter and took an 86-79 lead into the fourth, which they protected with much ferociousness on the way to handing the Batang Pier their first defeat in three games.ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next US judge bars Trump’s health insurance rule for immigrants PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Grace Poe files bill to protect govt teachers from malicious accusations LATEST STORIES Lacson backs proposal to elect president and vice president in tandem In tying their victims at 2-1, the Dyip survived a huge first half by Mo Tautuaa by getting him to pick up a fourth foul early in the third and holding down NorthPort’s prolific rookie Robert Bolick to just three points.Jackson Corpuz and pint-sized rookie point guard John Paul Calvo were big during the breakaway with the NorthPort coaching staff never finding ways to stop them when it mattered.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSUrgent reply from Philippine football chiefSPORTSWin or don’t eat: the Philippines’ poverty-driven, world-beating pool starsStanley Pringle scored 14 points in the third quarter built around three triples that had NorthPort threatening to break the game wide open. But the lack of support later on–and with Tautuaa never getting back in the groove after 20 first-half points–sealed the Batang Pier’s doom.There were seven players in twin digits for the Dyip, whose first big victim was four-time defending champion San Miguel Beer two weeks ago. ‘We are too hospitable,’ says Sotto amid SEA Games woes Yeng Guiao unfazed by NLEX’s 0-3 start: ‘We’ll be okay if we gain momentum’ View comments Oil plant explodes in Pampanga town MOST READ Oil plant explodes in Pampanga town
The facility was constructed by Hanover Charities at a cost of $ 64 million, in partnership with The Tryall Fund, Mafessanti Builders, Junior Chamber International (JCI) Hopewell, and the Lennox Lewis League of Champions Foundation. “These individuals have brought much fame and glory and have elevated brand Jamaica. It sends a message that sports is a tool to inspire and motivate our young boys and girls, showing them that no matter where they are from, they can achieve great things. This (sports and community) centre could give birth to the next great Jamaican athlete,” Mr. Terrelonge said. Story Highlights The two-storey building houses a community centre, homework centre, computer room and the Lennox Lewis League of Champions boxing gym. There are also a football field and basketball and netball courts at the location. A Community and Sport Centre was officially opened in Orchard, Hopewell, Hanover, on November 9, by Minister of State in the Ministry of Culture, Gender, Entertainment and Sport, Hon. Alando Terrelonge.The facility was constructed by Hanover Charities at a cost of $ 64 million, in partnership with The Tryall Fund, Mafessanti Builders, Junior Chamber International (JCI) Hopewell, and the Lennox Lewis League of Champions Foundation.In his address at the opening ceremony, the State Minister said the centre could be the training ground for the next generation of star athletes in Jamaica.“Sports is an important asset to our nation. It is also an important aspect of Jamaica’s development,” he said, citing the exploits of sprinters, Usain Bolt, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce and Asafa Powell.“These individuals have brought much fame and glory and have elevated brand Jamaica. It sends a message that sports is a tool to inspire and motivate our young boys and girls, showing them that no matter where they are from, they can achieve great things. This (sports and community) centre could give birth to the next great Jamaican athlete,” Mr. Terrelonge said.The facility was hailed by the State Minister as a great project, “which will become a robust training facility for the youth of Western Jamaica, as well as a central location at which parenting and other useful seminars can be held.”For her part, Chairperson of Hanover Charities, Katrin Casserly, said she was pleased with the outcome of the project, and implored residents of Orchard to take advantage of opportunities that will be presented at the centre, and to take care of the facility, as “it is for the benefit of the community, and the youth in particular.”The two-storey building houses a community centre, homework centre, computer room and the Lennox Lewis League of Champions boxing gym. There are also a football field and basketball and netball courts at the location.
Related Items:#magneticmedianews, Medgar Evers College, university of trinidad & tobago Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppThe University of Trinidad & Tobago has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Medgar Evers College of New York to establish the USA-Caribbean International Education Consortium (UCIEC).The UCIEC is a partnership between three Caribbean universities and Medgar Evers. The other Caribbean universities included are the University of Guyana and EGC Martinique Business School. The MOU was signed in Port of Spain last Wednesday.According to T&T Education Minister, Anthony Garcia, the consortium seeks to promote and foster academic collaborations addressing the economic and social challenges of developing countries and historically disadvantaged peoples. Garcia added that officials are working toward have more Caribbean institutions join UCIEC in the near future.#MagneticMediaNews#USACaribbeanInternationalEducationConsortium Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp
2 min read When most people think of the world’s hottest startup scenes, Silicon Valley, New York and Boston are likely to come to mind. So it might seem strange that a new global startup conference, Startup Phenomenon, has chosen Boulder, Colo. as its host city.Only it shouldn’t. According to a recent report by the Kauffman Foundation, Boulder has the greatest density of high-tech startups of any metropolitan area in the United States. That’s right even more than Silicon Valley, which comes in at No. 3 on the list.In a three day conference starting November 13, Startup Phenomenon attendees will discuss alternative funding models, potential collaboration between governments and private businesses and the role of incubators and accelerators in driving entrepreneurship. One set of presentations will be a series of case studies of 10 cities with thriving tech scenes, such as Jerusalem and Nairobi. The audience will be a mix of entrepreneurs and investors.Related: The 25 Best U.S. Cities for Tech StartupsRather than focusing on how individuals can achieve success with their own companies, Startup Phenomenon will address how communities might foster entrepreneurship more broadly, says John Bradley, senior vice president of content and strategy for Van Heyst Group, the company producing the conference.”This is not a conference about Boulder,” Bradley says. “It’s a conference about all the startup communities all over the world, and how new ones can form. We just happen to be hosting it in Boulder.”Speakers will be coming from as far away as Iceland and New Zealand for the conference, which runs from November 13 to 15.Separately, on September 3, the people behind Startup Phenomenon are putting on an event about female entrepreneurs at the University of Colorado, Boulder. The women’s conference started as a session on the November conference agenda, Bradley says, “but there was so much energy around it that we decided to make it a breakout event.”Related: 5 Rules for Silicon Valley Success That Can Work Anywhere Growing a business sometimes requires thinking outside the box. August 16, 2013 Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own. Free Webinar | Sept. 9: The Entrepreneur’s Playbook for Going Global Register Now »
Share Stripping down to Speedos lands Aussie group in hot water The Canadian Press Posted by KUALA LUMPUR – A group of Aussies learned the hard way that being cheeky isn’t always the best idea.According to TravelTalk, a group of nine Aussies were arrested during a Formula One race in Kuala Lumpur after stripping down to Speedos emblazoned with the Malaysian flag. The men, reportedly aged between 25 and 29, were celebrating Daniel Ricciardo’s Formula 1 Grand Prix win.Photographs of the scantily-clad revellers have surfaced on social media following the race on Sunday. Images show them standing in a circle, some with their pants round their ankles and others wearing none at all, waving an Australian flag above their heads.They were arrested on site, and were photographed looking despondent in front of a white bus under the watchful eye of Sepang police, reports The Daily Mail. The group is being investigated for ‘intentional insult with intent to provoke a breach of the peace’, which is a minor offence under Malaysian law.More news: Carnival Cruise Line enhances HUB app for families and youthAn assistant police chief said the men will be remanded for four days, and did not rule out further action being taken against them.Malaysian social media users have lashed out against the men, calling their behaviour unacceptable. One Twitter user wrote, “Shame on those Aussies by doing this. So inappropriate.” Tuesday, October 4, 2016 Tags: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia << Previous PostNext Post >>