Notre Dame’s Jack Swarbrick.The BCS commissioners and Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick on endorsed a seeded four-team playoff model for college football that would begin for the 2014 season.The commissioners’ consensus must be approved by the BCS presidential oversight committee, which meets June 26 in Washington, D.C. If approved, the four-team playoff would replace the current BCS system, which has been in place since 1998.Sources told ESPN.com that under the recommended model, four participating teams would be selected by a committee, which would consider certain criteria such as conference championships and strength of schedule.The two national semifinal games would be played within the existing BCS bowl games (Fiesta, Orange, Rose and Sugar) on a rotating basis, with the host sites being predetermined before each season. The national championship game would be offered to the highest bidding city.“We’re very unified,” Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany said. “There are issues that have yet to be finalized. There’s always devil in the detail, from the model to the selection process, but clearly we’ve made a lot of progress.”
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#UnitedStates, December 20, 2017 – Washington, DC – Prime Minister, Dr. the Hon. Hubert A. Minnis and Mrs. Patricia Minnis, Minister of Foreign Affairs, the Hon. Darren Henfield and Mrs. Deidre Henfield on Friday, December 15, 2017 visited and toured the Embassy of the Commonwealth of The Bahamas & Consular Annex in Washington, DC, with Ambassador, His Excellency Sidney Collie & Consul General, Mr. Theo Neilly.The visit preceded a Reception the next evening for Bahamians and Friends of The Bahamas residing in Washington, D.C., Northern Virginia, and Maryland.(Photos/Yontalay Bowe, OPM Media Services)
Barcelona great Andres Iniesta hailed N’Golo Kante as the centrepiece of the Chelsea and France squadsThe 27-year-old has established himself as one of Europe’s finest midfielders over recent seasons and had been linked with a summer move to Paris Saint-Germain.Kante is regarded as a dynamic and hard-working player, who’s energy and excellent ball-winning skills make him an excellent box-to-box midfielder.The Frenchman’s impressive performances have even left the likes of a renown midfield maestro like Iniesta wishing he could have played with him.Chelsea hat-trick hero Tammy Abraham hopes for more Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Tammy Abraham hopes this season will be his big breakthrough at Chelsea after firing his first hat-trick for the club in Saturday’s 5-2 win at Wolves.“He’s a player I’d like to have had in my team for many years,” Iniesta told RMC Sport.“He’s not going to come to Japan, but he’s definitely a player I love because of the work he does on the field and the confidence he has in his game.“His mastery makes him the centrepiece of Chelsea and the France national team.”Iniesta now plays for J-League side Vissel Kobe.
Jordan Veretout’s agent claims Napoli are keen on signing his client from Fiorentina in the summer transfer windowVeretout, 25, has been one of Viola’s star men this season with three goals and an assist, having scored eight in Serie A last season.There is plenty of interest in the French midfielder, but he won’t be moving on next month.“I won’t even talk about the transfer market when it comes to him,” Mario Giuffredi told Football Italia via Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli.Fiorentina owner: “Ribery played better than Ronaldo!” Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Fiorentina owner Rocco Commisso was left gushing over Franck Ribery’s performance against Juventus, which he rates above that of even Cristiano Ronaldo’s.“He’ll stay at Fiorentina, then in the summer, we’ll see. I think he’s destined for a career at the highest level, but January isn’t the right time for him to move.“He wants to finish the season in Florence, as does [Cristiano] Biraghi. Veretout is liked by Napoli and many other teams, but it’s pointless talking about the transfer market for these lads.”
00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI) – Every Christmas season, San Diegans show up to Tamales Ancira in Chula Vista and are willing to wait two hours to get their hands on some of the freshest tamales in the area.A holiday tradition for so many families, is tamales for Christmas.“I am so happy to see this. I’m grateful that we have such loyal customers and they keep coming back year after year” said owner Alonso Ancira.Alonso moved from Mexico City with his family 27 years ago and took over the business after his father. Ancira’s father said ‘there’s no good tamales in San Diego’ so he decided to open Tamales Ancira.“We do everything by scratch. We cook the corn. We cook the corn grind the corn cooked meats, we don’t use any canned products at all. So it’s a long process but it’s the only way to make it fresh maza” says Ancira.They will sell approximately 11-thousand tamales on Christmas Eve.If tamales are a Christmas tradition, you may want to think about next year right now.Plan to put in your order right after Thanksgiving so you can just drive by and pick your order up. Tamale Christmas tradition sells thousands Posted: December 24, 2018 KUSI Newsroom, December 24, 2018 KUSI Newsroom Updated: 10:30 PM Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter
KUSI Newsroom, CINCINNATI (AP) — A 23-year-old ex-convict accused of pulling a cruel hoax by pretending to be a long-missing Illinois boy was charged Friday with making false statements to federal authorities.The FBI said Brian Rini had made false claims twice before, portraying himself as a juvenile sex-trafficking victim.The Medina, Ohio, man was jailed in Cincinnati on Thursday, a day after telling authorities he was 14-year-old Timmothy Pitzen, who disappeared in 2011 at age 6. The FBI declared Rini’s story a hoax after performing a DNA test.The charge should send a message about the damage such false claims can do, said U.S. Attorney Benjamin Glassman.“It’s not OK to do it because of the harm that it causes, the pain, for the family of that missing child,” Glassman said.Rini’s story had briefly raised hope among Timmothy’s relatives that the youngster’s disappearance had finally been solved after eight long years. But those hopes were dashed when the test results came back.“It’s devastating. It’s like reliving that day all over again,” said Timmothy’s aunt Kara Jacobs.Rini was jailed for a bail hearing on Tuesday. His public defender did not immediately return a message. Rini could get up to eight years in prison.Rini was found wandering the streets on Wednesday and told authorities he had just escaped his captors after years of abuse, officials said. He claimed he had been forced to have sex with men, according to the FBI.When confronted with the DNA results, Rini acknowledged his identity, saying he had watched a story about Timmothy on ABC’s “20/20” and wanted to get away from his own family, the FBI said.Rini said “he wished he had a father like Timmothy’s because if he went missing, his father would just keep drinking,” the FBI said in court papers. A message left with Rini’s father for comment was not immediately returned.Glassman said authorities were skeptical early on of Rini’s claim because he refused to be fingerprinted, though he did agree to a DNA swab. Rini also looks older than 14, but Glassman said investigators wanted to make sure “there was no opportunity missed to actually find Timmothy Pitzen.”Rini’s DNA was already on file because of his criminal record. He was released from prison less than a month ago after serving more than a year for burglary and vandalism.He twice portrayed himself in Ohio as a juvenile victim of sex trafficking, and in each case was identified after being fingerprinted, authorities said.In 2017, Rini was treated at an Ohio center for people with mental health or substance abuse problems, according to court papers.Timmothy, of Aurora, Illinois, vanished after his mother pulled him out of kindergarten, took him on a two-day road trip to the zoo and a water park, and then killed herself at a hotel. She left a note saying that her son was safe with people who would love and care for him, and added: “You will never find him.”After Rini’s account was pronounced a hoax, Timmothy’s grandmother Alana Anderson said: “It’s been awful. We’ve been on tenterhooks, hopeful and frightened. It’s just been exhausting.”She added, “I feel so sorry for the young man who’s obviously had a horrible time and felt the need to say he was somebody else.” KUSI Newsroom Posted: April 5, 2019 Ex-convict charged in long-missing Illinois boy hoax April 5, 2019 Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter